J G Marine Services Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales with company number 11255878.
This policy explains how J G Marine Services Ltd (the company) uses the personal information that is collected from you when you use the company’s services. All personal information collected is used and stored in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679.
What personal information may be collected by the company?
· Name, address, email address and telephone numbers.
· Payment details.
Please note that general non-personal information about your boat (boat name, registration details, location of your boat) and any additional information that you provide relating to your boat or its features may also be collected and stored by the company. These are not covered by the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679.
When is this information collected?
The company collects the information when you:
· Request a quotation.
· Make an appointment for either a Boat Safety Scheme (BSS) examination or a survey inspection.
· Complete a BSS or survey contract.
Why do we collect this information?
· The company collects the personal information for the purpose of creating a contract to perform one or all of the following, a BSS examination, carry out repairs, offer advice and consultancy or to provide a survey on your (or your proposed) vessel. Without this basic information, it would be impossible to provide this service to you.
· This information is collected for accounting, recording, tax and insurance purposes, and will be kept securely for the relevant timescales required for each.
Who does the company share this information with?
· The company does not share personal information with any other third-party or external organization without your written consent. No personal information is entered on any third-party database or website (including the Boat Safety Scheme/Canal & River Trust register of examination reports) nor are your details sent to any other company for entry on any social media or electronic data gathering website.
· The company reserves the right to share your personal information with law enforcement or debt recovery agencies in cases of criminal dishonesty or of disputed payments following a county court judgement against you.
What are your rights to access the information that the company holds about you?
· You may request a copy of the information that the company holds about you. Please apply in writing and by post to: The Data Control Officer, J G Marine Services Ltd, C/O Wright & Co, 2 Longrood Road, Bilton, Rugby. CV22 7RG. No other communication method (email, text, phone, etc.) will be entertained.
· You may restrict the use of your personal information. Please include any request for restriction of your personal data on the initial contract between the company and yourself. Please bear in mind that it will often be impossible to perform a safety examination or survey inspection without the company’s access to this basic information.
· You may request to update or amend the personal information that the company holds on you if you believe it to be inaccurate. Applications should be made by post to the ‘Data Control Officer’ at the address above.
· You may request for the company to delete the personal information that it holds on you. Applications should be made by post to the ‘Data Control Officer’ at the address above. Please note that there will be exceptions to this action and this may not apply in cases of law enforcement, debt recovery, dishonesty or fraud.
Updated 10th April 2022